1. Primary School Admissions
Our school is a voluntary aided Primary and Nursery school which admits children between the ages of three and eleven years old.
Parents who are considering sending their children to our school are welcome to visit – please telephone for an appointment.
Admissions to Our Lady of Mount Carmel follow the agreed Council Policy on admissions, which can be found on our school policies page.
How to apply?
- Online : http://www.tameside.gov.uk/schools/admissions
- By Post : Tameside Metropolitan Borough Council, School Admissions, Council Offices, Wellington Road, Ashton-Under-Lyne, OL6 6DL.
We are happy to discuss educational arrangements with parents who wish their children to enter our school, although applications to join our school have to be made through the Local Education Authority.
If for any reason, you’re unhappy with the application process you are able to make an objection to the Office of the Schools Adjudicator.
2. Foundation Stage Admissions
Part-time Places (Nursery Age Children)
- Parents may register their child for a place in Our Lady Foundation Stage at anytime from birth.
- We offer part-time foundation stage places to any child from the age of 3 years old.
- Our Nursery Application Form can be found here.
Full-time Places (Reception Age Children)
- Children who are already in our Foundation Stage Unit will be sent a ‘Starting out’ booklet which will enable them to apply for a full-time place in our Foundation Stage Unit.
- If you child is not at present in our Foundation unit but is 5 years old between 1 September and 31 August of the current academic year, we can request a ‘Starting out’ booklet for you to enable you to apply for a full-time place in our Foundation Stage Unit.
Attendance at the nursery is not a guarantee of a place in the Reception class of the school.
3. Further Information
Our Admissions Policy
You can find full details regarding Admissions in our ‘Admissions Policy’ and ‘Nursery Admission Policy’, which can be found on the school policies page.
Visits to OLMC
Parents/carers considering an application to the school are warmly invited to tour the school with the Headteacher. Please contact the school for an appointment.
Transferring From Another School
Parents and children transferring from another school are encouraged to visit the school for a pre-transfer welcoming visit to ensure they have all the information required prior to them starting.
Admission Contacts In School
For any information or enquiries regarding visits to school, please our school office, in the first instance. When visiting school please speak to Helen Hayes (Headteacher) for more information.